The Finest Place to Find & Sell
In This World I Find Great Happiness In Helping Others, Great Happiness in the Business I Love and Great Happiness in Bringing You a Website that Helps You Find Success & Happiness
Welcome to FindMeTreasure.com, A Unique Online Antique Mall that was created specially for “YOU” and your success. FindMeTreasure.com features an exciting blend of Artisan Jewelry and Antique Shops in a family friendly atmosphere. Our unique Shop’s continually offer a sweet mixture of Antiques, Vintage Jewelry, Collectibles and Artisan Jewelry. Why create an online Antiques Mall you may ask? I feel very strongly that “You” deserve a family friendly site where those who Love Antiques, and those who sell Antiques, as well as those who create and sell Artisan Jewelry, can all meet together in a safe and friendly environment. I have created this website with “YOUR” success as my main goal by providing you a great market place to offer your Treasures for sale, as well as drawing 1000’s of customers to your shop with our nationwide creative advertising. When you achieve success and find that running your business adds Joy and Happiness to your life, That means more to me then all the money in the world!!!
As founder of FindMeTreasure.com, let me introduce myself, I'm Carol, a Country Girl born and raised in northeastern Pennsylvania. I've always had a natural talent and love for business and have always enjoyed helping others. When I magically combined the two, the results became FindMeTreasure.com, a website created specially for “You”. As a collector and dealer of Antiques and Vintage Jewelry, I’ve had many years experience in this wonderful business and look forward to providing you a quality website that has the comfy feeling of home. As you read the below requirements for opening your shop on FindMeTreasure.com, if I can be of any help to you, Please feel Free to contact me! Carol ~ FindMeTreasure@aol.com
My Commitment to You
My Commitment to You is to give you a High Quality Website with a family friendly atmosphere where you can offer for sale your Treasures in a safe environment. This includes a continued Nationwide Advertising Campaign that will feature ads in several Antiques Newspapers, Antique Magazines & Other publications as well as Printed Postcards and Rack Cards (Postcards & Rack Cards will be given to you when you open your shop, extras are available to you at the printing cost). Placing rack cards in your area Antique Stores, Art Galleries, Doctor Offices and other area businesses is a great way to advertise. Do you have a friend or relative who owns a business? I’m sure they’ll allow you to place rack cards in their store. Postcards are another great tool for mailing to all your customers & friends to let them know of your New shop on FindMeTreasures.com. Through the years, we’ve discovered many creative ways to promote your shop and bring many thousands of buyers your way. If you know of any Antiques flyers or magazines, as well as any other publication that you feel may be a good place to advertise in your local area, Please send us a copy so that we may look into placing an ad for FindMeTreasures.com. The more ads we can place in several areas of the USA, Canada, & the World, the more buyers you'll have stopping by to visit your shop, which equals to many more sales for you. As new shops are added to the site, our advertising budget will increase (Your Monthly shop fee are used for advertising to bring many buyers to your shop). I WILL SPARE NO EXPENSE for your shops success! In the Future as the site grows, I plan on placing more ads in many Antique Magazines and other fine magazines such as Yankee Magazine, Southern Living and other high end avenues and possibly billboards throughout the country.
“FREE” Antiques Newsletter
Our FREE monthly Antiques & Jewelry Newsletter – The Treasure Chest, is another great way to draw many buyers to your shop each month. A FREE email subscription will be offered to buyers as well as featured in many of our ads. As we all need reminders, we strongly feel that a Free Newsletter is a great way to remind buyers to visit the site and your shop more often. With the delivery of their Newsletter each month via email, subscribers will be invited to visit the site to shop for their favorite treasures. Think about your areas of interest in the Antiques & Jewelry fields. As a shop owner you may want to think about writing an article for our newsletter.
I’d Like to Extend to You A Special Invitation
I’d like to extend to You a Special Invitation to join our family of shop owners. When you open a shop on FindMeTreasure.com, You’ll not only receive your 1st Monthly Fee “FREE”, but once you read about our exciting new website, you’ll realize just how much we differ from other Antique sites and you’ll soon discover that FindMeTreasure.com really is the best place to sell all your Treasures. Our Secret to Success is just how much we care about “You” and Your shop’s success!!!
Shop Owners Requirements
I Care about "YOU" and your success as a Shop Owner on my website. As you gave me this Trust in becoming a Shop Owner, I PROMISE to you that I will do everything within my power to help you have “Great Success” with many sales. In order to provide you this service, and to give your customers a website of the finest quality, where they enjoying shopping so much that they can't wait to return, I have set a few shop owner requirements that will need to be followed:
1. FIRST OF ALL, DO YOU HAVE COMMITMENT = Successful selling online takes commitment not only to your shop, but also your commitment to your customers, as well as your commitment to keeping FindMeTreasure.com the High Quality site that it is. Successful selling doesn't always happen overnight, mostly it takes time to build your customer’s loyalty. Remember that continually adding new items every few days will keep your shop looking fresh and new. There will also be highs and lows in your sales, but I feel by working together with Creative Advertising and your commitment we'll bring continued success to your shop.
2. REGISTERING = You the Shop Owner "MUST" register with a Shop Name, Your Full Name, Mailing Address, Email Address & Your Home Phone Number. The buyers will "ONLY" see your Shop name and the location you choose to give (Example: Williamsburg, VA or Coastal Virginia etc.). The buyer will NOT be given your street address until after the purchase. This is to provide you with as much security as possible.
When picking a name for your shop, be creative and choose a name that will reflect well on you and will draw buyers to your shop. Please keep away from names that may be offensive to anyone.
3. PHOTOS OF YOUR TREASURES APPEARING ON THE HOME PAGE = “FREE”.
That’s Right, Photos of All your shop’s Treasures will continually rotate and appear in the center of the Home Page “FREE”! Some other websites charge each shop close to $100 a month to have your Treasures appear on the Home Page. I am giving this to you "FREE" of charge because I care about your success. The Photos to the top right of the home page will continually circulate all the recently listed items that were listed within the past few days (continually listing new items every few days will keep your shop’s Treasures in the Newly Listed Photo area).
4. LISTING YOUR TREASURES = Your Commitment to your shop is crucial by always giving your listings a “Quality First Class Look” with quality photos and a quality detailed description. Always remember that a Quality product with a Quality Look will draw Quality buyers willing to pay a Quality Price! See Items that are currently listed on FindMeTreasure.com for an example. You "MUST" Own and have legal ownership of the item to be listed. This item MUST be in your possession and NOT be listed for sale in any other place while it’s listed on FindMeTreasure.com. (Why are you Not permitted to list an item in 2 places at once? When 2 buyers see this item and both want to purchase it, one buyer will be disappointed. It is NOT our goal to disappoint our buyers, as disappointed buyers will NOT be repeat buyers!) You will NOT be permitted to sell items that cannot be legally sold, items of poor quality and items that are distasteful. Such items will be subject to removal from FindMeTreasure.com.
5. "ONLY" FINE QUALITY ITEMS, PLEASE = Each item you list "MUST" be of Fine Quality and in Great Condition (I realize that some vintage items do have flaws and are not in mint condition. You may sell these items provided that you always tell the buyers about any flaws etc. in your description. Please Do Not list any severely damaged items). Always remember that Quality buyers demand Quality Treasures! "BE SURE" you know what you are selling!!! There are many collector books available on many subject as well as many online research sites. I've included for your use a research links page to many useful research websites that I've discovered over the years. If you know of any research sites that I haven't included, Please feel free to share them with us, so I can include them as well.
6. QUALITY PHOTOS (Up to 18 Large Photos per Listing “FREE”) = There is NO Charge for any photos in any of your listings! You’ll receive up to 18 FREE Photos per Listing. Clear quality close-up photos are a "MUST" and one of the Main Ingredients to a quick successful sale. Always clean items, especially jewelry. Please ONLY show in your Photos the item or items you are selling in this listing (Props or displays pieces are fine to use). Please Do Not show 3 items in your photos and state that the listing is just for one of the items. No Blurry or Dark Photos will be permitted. There are many software packages available to lighten and brighten your photos. You “MUST” show the front and back of each item and include as many photos of your item as possible (I realize some items are shown beautifully with just a few photos, which is fine. Just use your best judgment. I usually add 5 or 6 photos per listing). You may use up to 18 Photos for each listing. You “MUST” Include close-up photos of any Hallmarks & Signatures. Macro lens are available for most digital cameras that will greatly help you get those much needed close-up photos. Try using different colors of fabrics and paper for a background that really shows off your item. Every little step you can take to make your listings more attractive adds up to more sales and more profits for you. Always Give it Your Best and You’re Sure to Have Great Success!!!
7. WRITING YOUR DESCRIPTION = Always give a quality detailed description telling the buyer as much as possible about your item (Item’s Name, Maker's Name, Color, Size, What's it's made of, Year it was made if possible, etc.). The More the better! If you know the history behind the item (Example - This brooch came from the estate of a family in Historical Williamsburg, etc). This information always gives the buyer a greater desire to purchase your item. When writing your description, you MAY NOT include any web addresses anyplace in your listing or photos. If you have your own website, you MAY NOT advertise it in your listings, although you may tell your customers about your website by including a flyer, etc. when you pack your orders. This always leads to many buyers coming to your website.
8. "FREE SHIPPING" (PLEASE READ) = The First $5.00 of shipping is FREE = Example: $10.00 shipping - $5.00 Free = $5.00 Shipping (Mostly for heavier items).
Example: $5.00 shipping - $5.00 Free = Totally FREE Shipping = More Sales For YOU!
Why require the First $5.00 of Shipping to be “FREE”? Quite Simply in today's economy this Will Be One of the Main Ingredients for YOUR Shop’s Success! I feel that the mention of "FREE SHIPPING" in all our ads is one of the "BEST" Advertising Tools we could use and I have No Doubts that it will bring 1000's of customers into the site just to see what all we offer. Thus sending 1000's of buyers to your shop resulting in many more sales for you. Most small items can be shipped for $5.00 and under. If you feel you must, just add a few dollars to the price of the item to cover the Free Shipping. It would be A "GREAT" service to your buyers to have as many items shipped "FREE" As Possible! For an example of How "FREE" shipping generates you more profits. On an auction website I recently saw 2 identical Longaberger baskets that sold on the same day. The one with $26 shipping sold for $67, the other with "FREE" shipping sold for $126.00. Although I realize you may sell some heavy items that will need to have a higher shipping charge, which is fine. Just use your best judgment! Although I WILL NOT permit excessive shipping charges!!! This Only irritates the buyers, makes the website look bad and in the end the customers will take their business elsewhere. Our Mission is to give the customers a Very Happy buying experience! And by doing this, you’ll have many more sales! If you have any questions, Please feel Free to email me anytime @ FindMeTreasure@aol.com.
9. INSURANCE = Resulting from a few bad experiences that I have encountered in the past, I feel that it is necessary to have mandatory Insurance on every sale (The Customer pays for insurance, unless you wish to cover this charge and provide insurance for them Free of charge). This will save you the seller a world of trouble in the end! Although you may charge the customer for insurance, I WILL NOT permit excessive insurance charges! Treat the customers like a friend by only charging actual insurance charges and they are sure to be return customers! In today’s Market Your Customers Will Really Appreciate every little service you provide them!
10. NON PAYING CUSTOMERS = As a Shop Owner, You have a right to block customers from buying from your shop. When you have a Non-Paying customer, please block this buyer from your shop first and then report this to me and I will totally remove them from the website. I will NOT tolerate non-paying buyers and they will be told in the buyer requirements that it's one strike and they are off the website forever! Payments from buyers are expected within 3 days. Should a buyer contact you that they cannot make payment within 3 days because of an Emergency beyond their control, try your best to work with them and set up a suitable payment plan.
11. ONLINE PAYMENTS = Your shop is required to offer an online payment service and you may choose any company you prefer. You may also use your own credit card merchant account if you have one or would like to obtain one. You may also accept Checks and Money Orders, as well as an online payment service if you so choose. You will totally be responsible for your shops payments through emails etc. An Online invoice can be sent from your shop owner’s home page if you wish to use this service.
12. WHO WILL POLICE YOUR LISTINGS? = The Policing of Listings will ONLY be done by my staff! . PLEASE enjoy your shop and PLEASE DO NOT FEAR that your shop will be removed from FineMeTreasure.com, as with some other Antique web sites because of comments from other sellers. I have hired several kind employees to continually look over listings to keep FindMeTreasure.com a high quality web site. Should any of your listings be removed, you will be notified by email. I have made this policy because of my past experience. I was once selling on another site that allowed shop owners to police each other. I continually received many complaints against my shop from another shop owner who was selling similar items in an attempt to eliminate the competition. I WILL NOT TOLERATE This practice on FineMeTreasure.com!!! I feel that successful shop owners realize that their time is best spent in building their business, not in wasting their time complaining about the competition! We at FindMeTreasure.com stand behind our shop owners, although we WILL NOT TOLERATE Shop owners who purposely try to hurt other shop owners!!!
13. RETURNS POLICY: I have thought long and hard on "Return Policies" and the trouble they cause at times. I have decided to leave this up to you as a shop owner. You can decide on each item you list if you would like to accept returns on that item.
The following example is not meant to scare you, but just to inform you of what could happen. Example – If you list a Vintage Diamond Ring, you may decide Not to offer returns on your ring as it is easy to switch prong set diamonds and return the ring to you with fake Diamonds. Although more than 99% of your buyers are honest, and the chance of this happening is rare, it may happen and you’ll need think ahead and protect yourself. If you decide not to accept a return, Please state a reason on the listing page for that item. For Example: I will not accept returns on this Vintage Diamond Ring because of it’s antiquity. I know return policies make customers feel good about buying from you, although occasionally you may have someone who wants to take advantage of your policy. For Example: I was selling on another site, when I was contacted by a lady who wanted to purchase a diamond ring from me on Wednesday and have it delivered across country to her no later than Friday morning, so she could wear it in her wedding on Saturday. Come Monday, she called to say that she didn't like the ring and wanted to return it. From many past experiences, I find it best to allow you to decide on your return policies.
14. STORAGE ROOM: When you list an item in your shop, you can place it as an active listing or place it in your own storage room. Your Storage room can only be seen by you the shop owner. When you want to move your item from your storage room to active listing, just go to your storage room on your shop owner’s page and click on your item and click to have it moved to active listing. Or if you wish to move an item from active listing to your storage room, this can also be done on your Shop owner’s page.
15. DISPUTES: We are "NOT" responsible for any disputes between the buyers and sellers or any legal action or injury that may result. If a problem occurs, Please communicate with the buyer in a timely manner to try and resolve any concerns. If we received a complaint from a buyer, we shell investigate this complaint and ask you to do everything within your power to resolve this complaint. We reserve the right to close any shop at any time, but will "ONLY" do so if we feel that the seller is performing unprofessional conduct and practices that are not upholding the Quality standards and reputation of the site. A shop may be closed temporarily if a seller fails to address disputes with buyers until such dispute is resolved. We at FindMeTreasure.com stand behind our shop owners, although we WILL NOT TOLERATE Shop owners who do not treat their customers with respect!!!
16. DAILY STATUS REPORTS: On your shop owner’s home page, you have a “Daily Click & Status Reports” Page, where you can daily check on the past day’s Click reports. This will give you the total number of clicks you’ve received on each of your listings (the total number of customers who clicked to look at each of your items). If you find that you are receiving a large number of clicks on one certain item for several days. It could possibly be a customer who keeps checking back to see if you have placed this item on sale. At this point I would make a sale on this item and see if it quickly sells. This is just a idea, the decision is totally up to you.
17. Promote Your Own Website: For many seller’s who already have their own websites, opening a shop on FindMeTreasure.com is a Great & Inexpensive way to promote their business and save themselves thousands of advertising dollars each month. FindMeTreasure.com continually promotes their shop owners with A Nationwide Advertising campaign as well as many other creative ways of drawing buyers to your shops. If you were to promote your website in such a manner it would cost you several thousands of dollars each month and many miles of travel. Although, you MAY NOT advertise your website in any of your listings, you may tell your customers about your website by including a flyer, etc. when you pack your orders. This always leads to many buyers coming to your website.
As you might have already noticed, FindMeTreasure.com features only 5 categories. From my many years of experience I’ve discovered that sellers spend way too much time trying to decide which category to place their items in, when buyer’s will easily find your item by using the advanced item search. I’ve discovered that in today’s busy world, when a buyer is searching for a Vintage Gold Opal Ring, that they will use the advance search and type in “Gold Opal Ring” and easily find their way to your Gold Opal Ring.
To be listed in the jewelry category, an item "MUST" be a piece or lot of jewelry items of "Fine Quality" in “Great Condition”. If you wish to list a small lot of vintage jewelry, No more than 25 items per lot or listing will be permitted (Matching Earrings count as 1 item). With lots of 25 pieces or less, you’ll be able to show more close up photos of your jewelry and have a greater chance of a quick sale. NO repair or damaged items or lots and NO cheap looking mass-produced commonly available jewelry items are permitted for sale. NO Items Marked "Made in China" are permitted for sale.
"BE SURE" you know what you are selling!!! There are many collector books available on the subject of vintage & costume jewelry as well as many online research sites. When in doubt, do your research first!
Always give a quality detailed description telling the buyer as much as possible about the item (Maker's Name, Color, Size, What it is made of, Year it was made if possible, etc.). If you know the history behind the item (Example - This Brooch came from a Colonial Williamsburg estate and was once owned by an elderly lady who’s family dates back to the founding of Williamsburg). This information always gives the buyer a greater desire to purchase your item.
When a Hallmark, signature or the manufacturer's original label or tag is present, a clear close-up photo is required. If you try your best to take a photo of a tiny hallmark or signature, but find that it seems to be impossible, Please be sure to explain this in your description. Although, a Hallmark photo is expected in most of your listings. There are Macro lens available for most digital cameras that will greatly help you get those much needed close-up Photos. A Clear Photo where the customer can easily read the Hallmark is a Great tool to make a quick successful sale of your item.
Try to include in your shop items in several price ranges if possible. You’ll have customers who enjoy buying high price jewelry treasures for their collection, as well as those who are on a fixed income who can only spend $25 for a pair of earrings. Prices that include everyone will make for a website where everyone will enjoy shopping! Please price items in whole dollars ( Example $25).
When selling a rare expensive jewelry treasure, it is wise to have that item appraised by a gemologist or a licensed appraiser. Customers feel more confident when they are given the cut, color & quality of a diamond for example. The cost of a written appraisal is usually a small price to pay for the confidence given to your buyer, and higher price that can be realized by including this in the sale.
To be listed in the Jewelry Artisan category, an item "MUST" be a piece or small lot of original designed Jewelry of "Fine Quality" in “Great Condition” that was created by a Jewelry Artisan, Goldsmith or Silversmith. You need not be the designer or Artisan to sell a piece of Artisan Jewelry on FindMeTreasure.com. I at times find beautiful Artisan Jewelry at estate sales and designer shows. NO cheap looking mass-produced commonly available jewelry items are permitted for sale. The same requirements for the Jewelry category apply to this category (Please See Above). Be sure to name the Artisan or designer of the item if at all possible. When a Designer’s name is included, a higher price is usually realized.
Treasures On Sale
To be listed in the "Treasures On Sale" Category, an item must be listed in another category first and then be placed "On Sale". Therefore it will be listed in both Categories (You can place your item “On Sale” when first listing your item). I suggest that you always have at least a few items on sale at all times (The number of items is up to you). A great number of buyers coming into the site will always be checking out what's "On Sale". We All Do! This way, the buyer will not only find your Treasures that are "On Sale", but they’ll also have the opportunity to go into your shop and look at all your Treasures. This always provides opportunity for additional sales.
To be listed in the Antiques Category, an item "MUST" be an authentic antique item of "Fine Quality" in “Great Condition” and have been made in 1975 or before. Items made after 1975 can be listed in the Collectibles category. I realize that some vintage items do have flaws and are not in mint condition. You may sell these items, just be sure to state in your description any flaws or damage to your item. Please Do Not list any severely damaged items. Quality items will not only make for "Happy" Customers, but also make a "Quality" website where your customers will quickly turn into repeat customers! NO Antique Reproductions are allowed to be sold on this website.
Always give a quality detailed description telling the buyer as much as possible about the item (Maker's Name, Color, Size, What it is made of, Year it was made if possible, etc.). If you know the history behind the item (Example - This Sterling Silver Candy Dish came from the estate of the mayor of our small Vermont Village), this always gives the buyer a greater desire to purchase your item.
When a Hallmark, signature or the manufacturer's original label or tag is present, a clear close-up photo is required. If you try your best to take a photo of a tiny hallmark or signature, but find that it seems to be impossible, Please be sure to explain this in your description. Although, a Hallmark photo is expected in most of your listings. There are Macro lens available for most digital cameras that will greatly help you get those much needed close-up Photos. A clear photo where the customer can easily read the hallmark is a great tool to make a successful sale of your item.
Try to include in your shop items in several price ranges if possible. You will have customers who enjoy buying high price treasures for their collection, as well as those who are on a fixed income and can only spend $30. Prices that include everyone will make for a website where everyone will enjoy shopping! Please price items in whole dollars (Example $15).
To be listed in the Collectibles Category, an item "MUST" be an authentic collectible item of "Fine Quality" in “Great Condition”. NO Home Party items and NO cheap looking mass-produced commonly available collectibles may be sold on this website. NO Auto parts unless they are Vintage! Although many of these items are of wonderful quality, I feel that they do not uphold the integrity of our website. Items that may be listed in the Collectibles Category for an example are items such as, but not limited to: Waterford Crystal, Lenox, Fostoria, Westmoreland, Fenton, Art Glass, Hummels, Royal Doulton, Murano Glass, Quality Holiday Collectibles, Wedgwood, Paperweights, Rare Baseball Cards, Etc. If you have a question about if an item may be listed on FindMeTreasure.com, Please feel free to email Carol FindMeTreasure@aol.com.
Always give a quality detailed description telling the buyer as much as possible about the item (Maker's Name, Color, Size, What it is made of, Year it was made if possible, etc.). If you know the history behind the item (Example - This Waterford Candy Dish is a Limited Edition and one of only 400 made), this always gives the buyer a greater desire to purchase your item. BE SURE to state in your description any flaws or damage to your item.
When a Hallmark, signature or the manufacturer's original label or tag is present, A clear close-up photo is required. If you try your best to take a photo of a tiny Hallmark or signature, but find that it seems to be impossible, Please be sure to explain this in your description. Although, a Hallmark photo is expected in most of your listings. There are Macro lens available for most digital cameras that will greatly help you get those much needed close-up Photos. A clear photo where the customer can easily read the Hallmark is a great tool to help make a successful sale of your item.
Try to include in your shop items in several price ranges if possible. You will have customers who enjoy buying high price treasures for their collection, as well as those who are on a fixed income and can only spend $20. Prices that include everyone will make for a website where everyone will enjoy shopping! Please price items in whole dollars (Example $5).